Improve the interior design of your home with paint and wallpaper
If you are looking to improve the interior design of your property, a lick of new paint and/or and wallpapering are easy ways to help transform it into a showcase home.
If you plan on redecorating your home there are a number of factors that need to be considered for effective interior design. Colours, textures, finishes and room use should be evaluated before repainting. There are an endless number of colours to choose from (especially with the fairly new technology of colour matching), but when repainting a room the best strategy is to select one that matches your existing colour scheme. Odds are the colors in your home have a matching colour scheme that can easily applied to the room you are repainting. If you want to do something bold, then try to pick a shade or tint that is compatible with the existing colours in the home.
The type of paint used can also make a significant difference to the feel of a space.
· Flat or Matte – non-reflective and conceal surface blemishes. Good for ceilings.
· Eggshell – has a slight luster and smooth finish. Ideal for hallways, entryways and living rooms.
· Satin – slightly higher sheen than eggshell with a soft finish. Perfect for bedrooms and home offices.
· Semi-gloss – shinier and gives a sleek appearance. Great for kitchens and bathrooms.
· Gloss – highly reflective and typically used for decorative items like doors, trim or cabinets.
In addition to colours and finishes, textures add a different dimension to a new interior design of a room. Texture techniques such as sponging, spattering, stippling, ragging, colour washing and glazing add unique appearances to set your home apart.
The primary challenge of painting a room is finding the ideal colour scheme to match the existing decoration or to blend in with the rest of the house.
Using wallpaper to enhance the interior design in your home is a great option. This material is very practical and can dramatically change the appearance of your room. You might even consider adding wallpaper as an accent wall to create a focal point in your living room. Wallpaper can be made from many different types of materials including, vinyl, foil, flock, grass cloth, fabric and embossed.
· Vinyl wallpaper is the most popular as it is easy to clean, durable and easier to remove, if needed.
· Foil wallpaper is used for small intricate details and can be made into many different patterns.
· Flock wallpaper is typically applied to formal areas and dining rooms and is made with wool attached to sheets of paper.
· Grass cloth wallpaper is made from woven grass and provides unique interior designs.
· Fabric wallpaper provides a more natural look and is made from textile and cloth.
To effectively clean vinyl or fiberglass wallpapers, all-purpose cleaning sprays or soap and water can be used to remove stains and dust. For more gentle wallpapers made from fabric, bamboo or cellulose, the best method is to lightly dust or vacuum the walls. Whatever type of wallpaper you have, be sure not to use any harsh chemicals or scouring pads as it can damage the surface.
One of the challenges of using wallpaper, is that due to the semi-permanent nature you want to select a pattern that you absolutely love. Selecting a print that is timeless or more subtle helps to ensure that you will enjoy your new wallpaper for many years to come.
Adding wallpaper and a new coat of paint will greatly help improve the look and feel of your London property. Take time to evaluate all of the different options of painting and wallpaper and choose the right one that will accentuate your home.
Hearne House specialise in all types of decoration with experience of using a variety of different wall coverings, and can offer you advice if you are unsure about which styles would suit your home best. If you would like to talk to us about decorating your home then please get in contact - email@example.com